Docs requests

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Development Docs requests

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nerobot 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author

DruggedBunny

Participant

Just a few tweaks I’d like to see to the docs if possible:

1. In the browseable docs (ie. those you view in a separate web browser), could the Index stuff be put at the top level for easier access to Keywords, etc? I think it’s one of the most useful parts of the documentation, gets you right to the details of how the language works, eg. to the Class documentation, which is otherwise quite hidden away. (I suppose this will be less of a problem once the IDE supports jumping to keyword docs, but still good to be browseable.)
    2. I find the treeview layout fiddly and annoying to expand to drill down to what I want. (Clicking on the tiny [+] target!) Could the docs generator perhaps provide a link to each subsection on the right? (See GIMP mockup attached.) Would be much nicer for clicking through, obviously each subsection would have its own subsections listed in turn… assume this would be quite easy to generate.
    3. Could in-IDE docs allow text selection and copying?

(EDIT: Few highlights as this looks like a wall of text!)

nerobot

Participant

3. Could in-IDE docs allow text selection and copying?

Improving of htmlview class is required. It’s not easy task but profit is great.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.